bine n : European twining plant whose flowers are used chiefly to flavor malt liquors; cultivated in America [syn: common hop, common hops, European hop, Humulus lupulus]
- a twining stem or flexible shoot (as of the hop); also: a plant (as woodbine) whose shoots are bines
Bine can mean any of the following:
- Bine (mythology), a guardian of hell in Akkadian mythology, comparable with Cerberus from Greek mythology.
- Bine (language), one of the many languages spoken by the various indigenous peoples in Papua New Guinea.
- bine (botany), describes climbing plants that use stiff downward-facing hairs used for stability.
- Bine (cigarette), a common name for a cigarette in the north west mostly by them boys.
- Bine (Language,expression), It means "Good" or "Well" in Romanian language. as in "Bine zis"- "Well Said!"